Vegas on a Beer Budget

Las Vegas offers a lot of enticements and unless you gamble heavily; it does end up being one of the most affordable escapes from reality. If you ever signed up for free rewards membership for Caesars group of hotels, Venetian’s Grazie, Cosmopolitan’s Identity, and many others; you are probably aware that they give out comps or majorly discounted hotel stays and some even give you at least $5 in slot play. Now, let me enumerate the fun, free, and affordable activities in Vegas.

1. Exploring Hotels

Before anything else, wear comfortable shoes and drink lots of water. The hotels are huge and getting around Caesars Palace alone is a workout in itself. My personal favorites are Paris and The Venetian. The interior is quite breathtaking and larger than life in my humble opinion. Paris has the Eiffel tower and a certain charm that gives you a tiny glimpse of what it would be like to travel the actual city. The Venetian, on the other hand, have Gondolas which passes through the Grand Canal complete with a singing Gondolier. It is quite fascinating to watch and something you shouldn’t miss if you haven’t seen it before. Other things to see are the Flamingos at Flamingo, Fall of Atlantis show at Caesars Palace, Big Elvis show at Harrah’s, and the modern hotels – Cosmopolitan and Aria.

fullsizerender-5
2. Free Shows along the Strip

The Fountains of Bellagio is a combination of water, music, and lights that captivate the audience and best seen during night time to enjoy the full effects. I’ve seen it numerous times but never get tired of it. The Mirage Volcano shows a fake volcanic eruption that blast flames into the air. You do feel the heat even from a safe distance; it may be better to skip this during summer.

3. Light Show/Street Concert at Freemont

Downtown Las Vegas is an experience you shouldn’t miss. There is a huge screen suspended on top of you where the light show and music fill your senses. There are concerts performed by live bands all throughout the night as well. The crowd may be a bit rowdy later at night. The street performers are fun to watch. Some are a bit aggressive. If you’re bringing kids with you; it’s better to arrive at an earlier time.

4. Free Drinks in the Casino Area

Yes, they are free. I usually go and sit by one of the slot machines. You don’t have to play. The drinks will keep on coming as long as you tip the cocktail waitress. I love the Margarita at Venetian and the Cosmo at Cosmopolitan.

cosmos

5. Famous Buffets

If you eat like me, then you better take advantage of the 24-hour buffet of buffets. The price is a bit steep but worth it if you do it right. Prices are $59.99 + tax from Sunday to Thursday and $74.99 + tax for weekends and holidays. The following restaurants are included:

a. Flamingo’s Paradise Garden Buffet – Love the dessert station and the hamburger – cooked to order.
b. Harrah’s Flavor’s Buffet – Crab legs with butter (yum!)
c. Paris’ Le Village Buffet – Sweet and savory crepe station is heavenly.
d. Planet Hollywood’s Spice Market Buffet – The Prime Rib is mouthwatering.
e. Rio’s Carnival World Buffet – The Asian station comes highly recommended.

prime-rib
6. Free Hotel Stays

I am a total rewards member of Caesars group of hotels and take full advantage of the benefits. It’s free to join and is only a rewards card. You earn points when you dine, shop, play and stay at one of their hotels. The hotels are Caesars Palace, Paris, Planet Hollywood, The Linq, Rio, Harrah’s, Bally’s, and The Flamingo. You do get good discounts once you sign up, and after you book your hotel make sure to include your rewards card to accumulate points. Once you’ve accumulated enough points, keep on checking for offers of free hotel stays (resort fee is not free, however). Please check the link below, sign up for a Total Rewards membership with Caesars Group of Hotels, and book your next stay. DISCLOSURE: Please be aware I get commissions for bookings made through links in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read completeΒ DisclosuresΒ here.

Or if you just want to go to Vegas without signing up for the rewards card and taking advantage of the perks of being a member you can book your next trip with hotwire or hotels.com. The links are provided below.

Hotwire

Hotels.com
Hotels.com: Save big NOW on all hotel bookings with Up to a $100 Cash Back Rebate with code REBATES17! Book by 12/31/17, Travel by 1/31/18.

1. I have been to Vegas 2 years ago and I wish I had your tips that time haha πŸ™‚ It’s a fascinating city and I wan to be bad to visit all of these hotels. For me it’s a “hotel paradise” on Earth πŸ™‚
    Any plans of coming back?

Best,
    Kasia

I’m only a couple of hours away from Vegas so, yeah – I am definitely going there probably this summer esp. since I get free hotel stays πŸ˜‚ The hotels are awesome and it’s always fun ❀️ Thanks for your comment Kasia! Hope you get to go see Vegas again!

2. bzzwithbee says:

omg love this, makes me wanna go!

Thanks! You should totally go 😊

3. A friend of mine, and I actually went to Vegas this past December (cheaper hotel stays than the Summer). We had a very similar budget to this actually, we didn’t eat at any of the high priced joints, enjoyed the free shows (esp. the Fremont St. experience), and took advantage of the free drinks at Harrahs where we stayed. None of us applied for rewards cards simply because we don’t frequent enough, but I definitely want to get back to Vegas soon!!

Actually, if you stayed at Harrah’s and used the rewards card. You’ll be offered discounted or even free stays in the future. Harrah’s is part of Caesaes group of hotels. Even if you just visit once a year…😊 I’m glad you had an awesome time! Vegas is always super fun 😊

1. Hmmm…..good to know!!! Yeah it was a blast!!!

πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

4. Anil M. says:

Great post! I never tried the buffets considering the price, but it seems that I should give it a shot next time I am there.

The buffets are great. Also, they are way cheaper on weekdays (lunch)…that’s why I like going to Vegas on a weekday.😊

1. Anil M. says:

I can agree to that. Even the hotels are much cheaper!

Hotels are free for me now…I just pay for resort fee 😊

3. Anil M. says:

Thats awesome πŸ™‚

πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

5. K E Garland says:

My favorite is one you’ve mentioned, Paris’ Le Village Buffet.

Yes that one is my favorite too! So good.😊

6. Very nice post! We like to drive to Vegas. We are thinking about going in a very near future. We did it many times. It’s only 4 hours drive from home. It takes longer to fly there with check-in, check-out, getting to the hotel…

You should sign up for the total rewards card if you always go to Vegas (if you don’t have one yet) they give good rates and after a certain time you get free hotel stays. The link is on my post for Caesars group of hotels. Vegas is super fun! 😊

1. I’ll look into it and talk with my hubby about it . Thanks for the info!

You’re welcome. 😊

Wow. Thanks for the recommendation. I truly appreciate it especially since I’m a new blogger here. ❀

7. Vegas says:

Wish I knew you were in town πŸ™‚

However, there is much much more that can be done! Red Rock, Ethel M, Mob Museum, etc..

Lol yeah! I just covered the basics here. The Red Rock I was supposed to incorporate with the Valley of Fire – but it just doesn’t compare. Valley of Fire stands out more for me. 😊 Thanks for commenting! Next time I’m in Vegas I’ll let you know πŸ‘

8. I will look it up. Father and I like 3 card poker and the slots. We’ve lost a lot of money but when you walk out of the casino with all your pockets stuffed with $100 bills on a good day, nothing like the rush. Hard Rock will probably give us 8 days free free and all meals free too. Just hope it won’t cost me our bank account and my clothes and shoes this time.

Okay if you go to Vegas, you have to sign up for the Caesars rewards…they give so much freebies especially if you play a lot. I’m a member of all the Vegas rewards and Caesars has been good to me because they give me free stays in San Diego, Atlantic City, Las Vegas, and Lake Tahoe and some others as well. The link is on my blog if you ever just want to check it out. Good luck at the Hard Rock. Let me check out the Hard Rock in Vegas – thanks for the tip!

9. Frequented the several casinos in Miami Dade and Broward counties. But now live in North Carolina. Will stay at Hard Rock 8 days in Hollywood , Florida in July. Will be in heaven. I’d be in super heaven in Vegas – never been there. Thanks for your recent visit to my blog.

Right now, there are a lot of good deals in Vegas. You should consider it! You will love it.

10. exoticnita54 says:

Always wanted to visit Las Vegas…
    Thanks for the tour.. tips and suggestions…

Anytime! 😊

11. Gosh! I’ve never been to mainland USA but I would have imagined Vegas was super-expensive. Although having just read “We are Called to Rise” (Laura McBride) I appreciated that not all the city is affluent. Interesting post.

It’s really not and if you see my other post – a lot of people are not into the gambling scene. There’s Valley of Fire and Red Rock canyon for the nature lovers. 😊

1. Thanks for the heads up. I’ll did see those others too. I’ll keep it in mind if I ever come over (from Australia).

Okay let me know ever you decide to visit – I can give you insider tips. I do that a lot for my friends who visit all over the world. I’m not originally from here. My best friend actually lives in Sydney. I heard amazing things about Australia ❀

3. Thank you so much! Australia is a fabulous country of contrasts. I am enjoying writing about our various road trips and travels, and introducing others to what we have to offer.

12. restlessjo says:

Vegas hasn’t ever really appealed to me (except as a jump off point for the Grand Canyon- not literally πŸ™‚ ) but I would like to see those Bellagio fountains. Thanks for sharing!

You’re welcome! If you like hiking, it’s pretty close to Red Rock Canyon as well 😊

13. Elizabeth says:

I had no idea there was so much to see and do for no money in Las Vegas! And the buffets, free drinks, and hotel discounts were a surprise, too! Thank you for sharing this information!

I’m glad the information helps, Elizabeth. Thanks for taking the time to read my blog😊