A Leap of Grand Canyon-sized Proportions

img_3848done-2

Yup, that’s me. I like jumping in pictures with amazing backgrounds. It’s my kind of thing, you know? My friend almost had a heart attack when she took this picture. I think she thought it would be the last time she’d ever see me alive. Obviously, I survived. Yay for me!

SONY DSC

I remember the exhilarating feeling of seeing the Grand Canyon for the first time. I mean, it is considered one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the world. Who wouldn’t be impressed with the canyon’s colorful landscape in such a magnificent scale? So my first visit was quite memorable.  Just a heads up, entrance fee for vehicles is now $30 – a bit steep. It does go to the maintenance and rehabilitation of the park and its facilities. Check out the National Park websites for an annual pass. It will save you a lot of money if you’re visiting several national parks.

We even did a quick stop at Montezuma Castle National Monument on the way back from Grand Canyon. Montezuma Castle is a prehistoric cliff dwelling carved into the side of the mountain. The entrance fee for adults (16 and over) is $10 and also gives you access to Tuzigoot National Monument. Two for the price of one. Not a bad deal, right? It will only take up 1 hour of your time or even less if you’re in a hurry. The picture below is exactly what you will see if you decide to visit.

montezuma

We stayed at Flagstaff (cheaper than staying in the Grand Canyon area) for the night and went to Sedona the next day.  Sedona has incredible red rock formation and beautiful landscapes. It is quite a contrast from Grand Canyon with its subtle charm but in my humble opinion equally breathtaking on a different scale. The park entrance fee for Sedona Red Rock State Park is $7/adult.

sedona

If you’re ready to book your next vacation. Check out the following deals below. Please don’t hesitate to message/contact me for additional information or if you have questions.
Disclosure: Please be aware I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read full Disclosures.

Hotwire

Expedia
Expedia.com

Priceline
priceline.com for the best deals in travel!

Hotels.com
Save big on hotels while you explore the beauty of America’s parks!

Booking.com

1. Beautiful! This is on my bucket list for sure.

It truly is an amazing place 😊

2. Went to see the Grand Canyon with a buddy of mine during our Vegas trip this year. I can say I was there, and that’s about it. It was an off and on rainy day, and when we got there the fog was so bad, you literally couldn’t see 3 feet in front of you. I will get there again someday lol.

Oh no! The fog covered the view! 😕 Sorry to hear that – I hope you when you come back to the canyon the weather will be better so you’ll be able to see how beautiful it is…😊

1. We actually took each others picture in front of a long trailer that had a view of it on it.

3. Scarlett says:

Love your photos! travelling is one of the most magical things in the world!

I agree…everything is just so exciting and interesting 😊

4. Scarlett says:

wow, love your photographs! so pretty. Travelling is one of the most magical things in the world 🙂

Thank you, Scarlett. It truly is magical 😊

5. Tatiana says:

Hi there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate!
    He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him.
    Fairly confident he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks for your lovely comment 😊 I appreciate it. 👍

6. Helaine says:

Great line up. We will be linking to this amazing article on our website.
    Keep up the great writing.

7. Love your photographs.

Thank you, Leslie! 😊

8. Oh, im not sure if the comment i just wrote out to you before that one has been posted; my screen froze for a few seconds there – must be my connection. Anyhow, umm, i wanted to add: your replies , in your comments section throughout … give away quite a bit about you – seems like a beautiful spirit 🙂 Just in case the other comment does not appear on ur end, i shall briefly say again that i love your idea of opening a blog to share your adventures and encourage others to pick themselves up and take that trip, move, see new things, live the whole thrill:)
    you know, i genuinely believe every person has a message to give others in this life, yours is surely full of hope, courage, and enjoying oneself .
    Bel it’s been Lovely to meet you, oh,
    and , thank you so much for liking my post (https://wegrowthroughothers.wordpress.com/2017/04/26/ever-lost-a-best-friend/)
    Really :$

Truly yours,
    Joy
    May 1, 2017

Thank you for your lovely comment. I do love to travel and I feel that I learn from every experience. I also love the outdoors because it’s very serene, peaceful, and ruggedly beautiful that I just lose myself in the wonder of it all. I look forward to reading more of your blog as well. 😊

9. TLC says:

Reblogged this on Idaho Farm Survival Retreat and commented:
    I am always amazed by people that can capture breath taking views with a camera and have them still look breath taking. The handiwork of the Creator is marvelous!

Thank you. It is truly a masterpiece!

10. Hi thanks for the great article. This is definitely a place I want to see and your article has inspired me to make sure it happens. Cheers.

You are welcome. I’m sure you’ll love Grand Canyon ❤Thanks!

11. ekurie says:

I did visit Grand Canyon years ago –north rim. We could see south rim lights from where we were. It’s breathtaking alright. Also took a mule ride into the canyon. That I will never forget. Thanks, too for reading my blog!

The mule ride is both fun and scary! Glad you had a lovely experience ❤

12. Thanks for the helpful information. 🙂 — Suzanne

You’re welcome! 😊

13. Not only your friend, but anyone could have got a heart attack, taking a click! But, ya images were again simply awesome.

Lol! I know but I just had to do my trademark jump! 😊

14. Julianne says:

One more thing: I love the Grand Canyon–have hiked rim-rim in a day many times, have camped/backpacked down to Phantom Ranch and even got to stay in the cabins for two nights! I have rafted the Canyon twice–there is nothing like experiencing the Canyon from the bottom along the river. I hope you get back there soon, and I hope you get down into the canyon…. Thanks again for your post.

I know – that’s the next plan! I’ve been wanting to hike down all the way to Phantom Ranch – I just did it halfway once. The rafting I’ve done before but I find I like the hiking part more 😊

15. Julianne says:

Hi Bel: I am enjoying your posts, and thanks for ‘Liking’ my post on https:writingthewild.com! I never begrudge paying to get into a National Park or Monument. $30, to me, is a small price to pay in order to have access to such beauty. I just checked Disneyland tickets and they run $91-over $100! PER PERSON for only 1 day! I much prefer natural wonders to man-made wonders, and $30 for a whole carload of people, for a week or two, is incredibly cheap. (take a friend and share the expense 🙂 ) Enjoy the spring in the southwest–I’ll be heading there soon! Julianne

Yes, I truly believe it’s better than going to a theme park! A lot affordable and the experience is incredible. It also goes to maintaining wildlife and the park as well – which is well worth it. Thanks for dropping by Julianne. Looking forward to reading your blogs as well ❤

16. Elizabeth says:

It’s been more than 30 years since I visited the Grand Canyon. Thank you so much for the amazing pictures as it brought it all back to me!

I’m glad it brought back good memories! ❤

1. Elizabeth says:

I remembered, when looking at your pictures, being awe-struck by the colors!

Maybe it’s time for another Grand Canyon trip 😊

3. Elizabeth says:

I would LOVE to take my kids and grand kids. My boys were just tiny guys when we went.

Okay i’ll be looking forward to reading all about it on your blog when you take them. It will be really fun!

17. I’ve been to Sedona. It really is stunning.

Sedona has a certain charm that stays with you…I love it there 😊

18. Love the Grand canyon, and a cute picture

19. That was a pretty high jump. Did you land back okay?

Yeah I did! 😊

1. Great! 😊😊🙈👈🏾

20. I’ve been to that area. It’s beautiful. I love your photos!

Thanks Tamara! 😊

21. Diane Frisch says:

So beautiful! I would love to do a family vacation there, someday! Kids are working and grown, so scheduling is rough, but this is such a spectacular place!

It is really beautiful and there are lots to see. 😊

22. Love the red rocks and sand. Grand Canyon is spectacular.

I agree. They are amazing 😊

Thank you!😊

23. I love the canyon, Bel. Awesome pic of you! huzzah!! ahhh, sweet empowerment!

Right? 👍 That is my kind of Canyon 😊 Thanks!

24. HesterLeyNel says:

Awesome pictures. Those rock formations are absolutely amazing.

Thank you. They are really amazing ❤

25. Ipuna Black says:

Looks like a great time! Pretty there!

It is really pretty out there. Thank you!

26. Amazing photos. I like the one of you jumping. My brother does crazy stuff like that and I’m like your friend – wincing and holding my breath. Ha ha. Looks like a great trip.

Yes I have a lot of pictures jumping haha! I did one in Bryce too. I’m glad you enjoyed the photos and it was a great trip – (i left out some of the crazy parts 😂)

27. Great pictures and words. What an adventure this was for you. We hope to make it there soon as one of our road trips. Pictures, although beautiful, can’t capture the same essence as being there drinking in the views, sounds and smells. Thanks for whetting our appetite.

Thank you. I didn’t want to give out too much information my plan was to entice so you could see it for yourself! I can’t wait to hear about it once you decide to see it for yourself. 😊

1. You did entice us with joy of what it will be in person. Stay tuned and we’ll soon be sharing our encounter out there with you.

Looking forward to it! 😊

28. I loved the Grand Canyon. It may have been the most moving travel experience of my life.

It’s pretty amazing! 😊

29. Mich says:

Thanks for the tips, will definitely access the links once we go! fantastic pictures too 🙂

Yay! I’m glad it helped. 😊