In a New Orleans State of Mind

“Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?” – Louis Armstrong

I am absolutely in love with New Orleans. The city has everything from amazing cuisine, jazz music, and incredible architecture. I cannot emphasize enough why you should visit the Big Easy. If you need a little nudge. Let me help you out…

1. Beignets from Cafe Du Monde (French Market Location Open 24 hrs/day). Beignets are fried dough covered with sinfully delicious powdered sugar. Forget about the calories and live a little.img_4006.png

2. Mouth-watering and delectable dishes; 25-cent martinis; deep fried seafood and alligators (yeah, they kinda taste weird). Should I go on or let the pictures do the talking? πŸ™‚

img_4011
Brunch at Surrey’s
img_4004
Everything deep fried including the Alligator!
img_4012
Commander’s Palace 25-cent Martinis! Yay!
criollo
Criollo – You have to celebrate your birthday here. The service is impeccable and the food is exquisite.

3. Plantation Tours –Β We took theΒ Oak Alley and Laura HistoricΒ Plantation tour. This gives you a glimpse of the Architecture and the tour provides the history of both plantations.

oak-alley-and-laura-plantation

img_4009

4. The famous Bourbon Street – Where Mardi Gras happens!Β  Add the famous “hurricane” drink from Pat O’Brien’s. It will probably be a night you won’t remember.

img_4008

5. You also can’t beat this view of the Mississippi River from NOLA especially at night.

img_4010

Honestly, there are more reasons than this to visit New Orleans. You discover something new every single time.

If you’re ready to book your next vacation. Check out the ff. links below.

Disclosure: Please be aware that I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost to you. See full Disclosures

Hotwire

Expedia
Expedia.com

Travelocity
Find the best flight deals starting as low as $51 with Travelocity!

Priceline
priceline.com for the best deals in travel!

Booking.com

OneTravel
“Your Vacation Just Became a Reality! Get up to $60 off with promo code VP60 Book Now”

1. Justine says:

OMG to that beignet!

Lol! Right? So yummy.

2. Mitiele says:

love love **love** cafe du monde! Also, I like your blog layout πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

Cafe du Monde is just sinfully delicious😊 Thanks!

3. mzcakez says:

Feels like I can just grab the goodies off the page πŸ˜‹

Lol! Right? Everytime I see it I get hungry myself 😊

4. How amazing you made it too my neck of the woods so glad to see you had a great time and all, so wonderful to see all you adventures

New Orleans is fun and tons of awesome food! 😊

5. sfarnoult says:

Reblogged this on Bella Musings and commented:
    New Orleans… proud to call it home!

6. Rusmir Radic says:

Beignets and coffee, I remember them well….. New Orleans is fun, and even more fun with people who live there! Thanks you for this reminder!

They taste so good! It just makes me want to visit again everytime I remember the food and how fun NOLA is…Thanks for the comment! 😊

7. I like how you start each post with a quote; makes me want to read on. Now I want to go back to New Orleans as soon as I can!

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, going back to New Orleans is a MUST! 😊

8. Holy crap! Everything looks/sounds delicious!

Lol! You should visit New Orleans!! You’ll love it ❀

9. KdC9864 says:

I’m now so hungry…for both tacos and my home town bbq.

Lol! When I wrote this article I was really hungry afterwards after posting all the pictures. πŸ˜‚

10. Marlene says:

Great information. Lucky me I reach on your website by accident, I bookmarked it.

Hi, Marlene! Thanks so much 😊

11. It’s been years since I’ve been to New Orleans–you’re reminding me it’s time for another trip. And just to get me fully in the mood (thanks to your Louis quote), I’m not pulling out my recording of “Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans?” by Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers. Such a fabulous tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkTQdgOkDJw

Definitely time for another trip! πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ New Orleans is a special place with lots of fun things going on and the food is so good it goes straight to my hips πŸ˜‚

12. I LOVED this post! I’m from New Orleans and definitely know what it means. ❀ Aaaaand now I want beignets for breakfast.

Beignets for breakfast really sounds good!!! πŸ‘ Thanks 😊 New Orleans is great.

13. emkingston says:

I’ve always wanted to visit New Orleans, and your post made me want to even more. All that food looked so yummy! πŸ™‚

You really should…New Orleans is such a fun place and the food is absolutely good. I’m sure you’ll have an awesome time. πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

14. Hubert says:

I adore it when folks come together and share views, great blog, keep it
    up.

Thanks! 😊

15. omg totally agree and looking at your pics cant wait to go back! i also loved the music on Frenchman street – just breathtaking!

I know! so much to do and see in NOLA. I can’t wait to go back either ❀

16. Romeo says:

Fairly! This was a truly wonderful post. Thank you for your provided information

17. STOP STOP!!!! IT’S DRIVING ME CRAZY!! Oh now I wish I were there! πŸ˜‚

Lol sorry!! It was hard for me to write about it and look at all the pictures without craving the yummy food! ❀

18. Thanks for this great travel information, Bel. πŸ™‚ — Suzanne

You are welcome, Suzanne!

19. Lived in New Orleans for five years. I miss a lotta things about it, but the smell in August.

New Orleans is a very special place ❀

20. Absolutely mouth watering and fascinating pictures.

Hi Nikesh! Thank you so much 😊 NOLA is really a great place to visit. So much to see! 😊

21. Good Golly Miss Molly says:

Hey, Bel! Thanks for stopping by In the Warm California Sun…Be sure to put San Diego on your list…moved here two years ago and not lookin’ back! Last time I was in NOLA, I tried turtle soup…and of course, Pat O’Brien’s and the Coffee Market are always on the list. Nothing like coffee, beignets and a saxophone player on the corner to make you feel right at home in that wonderful city.

I live in Sunny Southern California and SD is one my favorite places. Love the beaches there. ❀ I haven’t tried turtle soup in NOLA…i’ll add that to my list.😊 Thanks for your lovely comment.

22. jimmysautts says:

I have a special place in my heart for New Orleans. The music, the people, the food, I truly can’t get enough. Glad to see you had such a memorable experience as well. All the best!

Hi, Jimmy! NOLA really is pretty special. It was quite an unforgettable experience. 😊 Thanks for your comment.

23. Wow, love your post! If you have any tips to give to a new blogger, please do! πŸ™‚

Thank you. I’m definitely not an expert at this. I just love to travel and figured it would be cool to write about it and share my experiences. I’m looking forward to reading your blog. 😊

24. mybiguy says:

N’awlins! Definitely one of my fave cities. Last time I went there was for a business trip in the winter. So cold, but all the well it was awesome. Other than that I try to go every year on my b-day!!!

The best way to celebrate your birthday right?πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

25. Omg! I’ve been wanting to go to New Orleans for awhile it looks so fun

You really should go! It is such a fun and awesome place! 😊

26. Elizabeth says:

I’ve never been to New Orleans but I now realize I need to live there. And I need a plantation.

Will you kindly invite me if you get a plantation? I’ll make awesome martinis for you or whatever you like to drink? 😊

1. Elizabeth says:

You’ll be the first guest!

Yay! Thanks! πŸ˜€

2. mybiguy says:

Elizabeth, although it seems very tempting to want to live there, to me it seems more of a once per year visit. I’m not knocking my fave city but it is really dirty and the crime keeps getting worse. It would be awesome to live there for maybe a year but I think its best taken in smaller doses.

1. Elizabeth says:

I’d never be able to live that far from the kids and grand kids but a plantation would be nice!

A plantation close to your family would be ideal ❀

27. What a great post! I have been to New Orleans many times (mostly courtesy of a college girlfriend at Tulane way back in the day). Magic city. Never boring. Always alive. Thanks for sharing, and the pictures brought back so many memories.

So true! Full of life and a great atmosphere ❀ Thank you for the lovely comment and I’m glad you enjoyed the NOLA post. πŸ™‚

28. Nancy says:

Thank you for taking me on a virtual trip to New Orleans. How I wish I could travel. Stunning photos. I especially like the plantation pictures. And who can turn down a 25 cent Margarita!

I’m glad you liked it. Thank you so much and the Margaritas were pretty good 😊

😊❀

29. darelltapp says:

We were there 18 months ago, loved it.

It’s a fun place and unforgettable. Glad you had a great time as well 😊

30. pjlazos says:

So totally with you. One of my favorite cities in the world although sadly, New Orleans will suffer if sea levels rise as a result of climate change. Love your list of favs, but you forgot two essentials — the cemetery tour (where they filmed a scene in “Easy Rider”) and the fact that there is music in just about every corner in the French Quarter!

Yes, I didn’t list the WWII museum and the cemetery tour – I went to the plantation tour instead. I heard they are both really educational, informative and worth the visit. Lol! yeah music at every corner – so true. I’ve been told about the sea level warning for NOLA and hopefully that doesn’t happen. πŸ˜• Thank you for your comment!

31. I’ve been there once. What a great city. Lots to do and see and EAT! πŸ™‚

Lol! And Drink πŸΉπŸ˜‚

1. Ha ha. How could I forget??

Right! Cheers to a new week for us! 🍻

32. Your photos are amazing. They’re making me incredible hungry – and I just ate breakfast!!

I’ve never been to New Orleans, but you’ve just given me several different reasons to visit. πŸ™‚

Yay I’m glad. New Orleans is definitely a place you should visit. Sorry for making you hungry right after breakfast πŸ˜‚

33. jmsabbagh says:

Splendid post .Regards.

34. Everett says:

Oh, those photos made me choke on saliva. I had to make myself a cup of coffee … A wonderful trip, I hope to visit this beautiful city.

Lol!!! Yes the food is so good. I hope you get to visit it too. 😊

Yes! Great music πŸ‘Œ

1. I don’t think there is anyplace like it.

It is very unique!

3. In so many ways, there’s so many different cultures intermingled and such a rich history, of course not all of it good.

Yeah, like every country there is the good and the bad.

5. It seems like the bad is winning, we have to fight it head on and not stop.

Yeah I feel the same and it’s hard to fight these battles but we should never give up.

7. I know it is getting very hard, but people are starting to be more vocal. That is good, and they need to stick together.

35. Thanks for the lovely photos, all that food made me hungry. Always wanted to go to New Orleans. I did make it to Louisiana, but all I saw of NO, was the airport.

The food there was awesome! I hope you get the chance to stop by NOLA next time! 😊

1. Me too. My boyfriends mom lives there, not in NOLA, but about 100 or so miles northwest, so that is the only place we went.

Let me know when you do! I am excited to read about your experience as well. 😊

3. Oh, that will be awhile. I wish I could go now.

36. Sheetal Bhardwaj says:

Hi Bel. Loved this awesome post and vibrant pictures. Keep exploring more.:)

Thank you so much! I’m glad you liked it.😊

37. Bel, I’m so glad I ate breakfast before reading this post. I actually love fried alligator and Beignets (not together πŸ˜‰ ).

Looks like New Orleans took great care of you.

New Orleans spoiled me pretty well. I will never be the same again after tasting those Beignets – they have marked my tastebuds for life. 😍 You love fried alligator? Maybe it’s an acquired taste..I only took a few bites before I gave the rest of it to my friend.

1. hehehe and yet another reason I think your good people Bel… your a sharer πŸ˜‰

Lol! Unless it’s a Beignet then maybe I’m not😜

38. Stephanie McNew says:

This is my favorite place! Your post made me miss it even more!

I felt the same while writing it! Thanks for the nice comment. 😊

39. AwkwardTourGuides says:

I want to visit New Orleans so bad. It’s my next vacation spot!!

You will definitely have loads of fun. Time to plan your next vacation πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

40. We’re moving to northern Florida later this year, and New Orleans is one of my top driving destinations now. Great pics, great post. Thanks. – Marty

Hi Marty! I’m glad. I’m pretty sure you’ll love NOLA! It has everything 😊

41. Great shots… I mean the photos, lol. We gotta get there soon, it looks so inviting.

Be ready to gain like 20 lbs after visiting NOLA – the food is way too good. Lol, and yes! The “shots” were pretty great too! 🍻

42. K E Garland says:

This is one of my favorite American cities as well. Somehow I missed the .25 Martinis though.

Isn’t it super fun and lively? I love NOLA and I am a sucker for 25 cent martinis 😊

43. Those beignets looks so yummy.

They are so delicious! Thanks 😊