“Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?” – Louis Armstrong
I am absolutely in love with New Orleans. The city has everything from amazing cuisine, jazz music, and incredible architecture. I cannot emphasize enough why you should visit the Big Easy. If you need a little nudge. Let me help you out…
1. Beignets from Cafe Du Monde (French Market Location Open 24 hrs/day). Beignets are fried dough covered with sinfully delicious powdered sugar. Forget about the calories and live a little.
2. Mouth-watering and delectable dishes; 25-cent martinis; deep fried seafood and alligators (yeah, they kinda taste weird). Should I go on or let the pictures do the talking? 🙂
3. Plantation Tours – We took the Oak Alley and Laura Historic Plantation tour. This gives you a glimpse of the Architecture and the tour provides the history of both plantations.
4. The famous Bourbon Street – Where Mardi Gras happens! Add the famous “hurricane” drink from Pat O’Brien’s. It will probably be a night you won’t remember.
5. You also can’t beat this view of the Mississippi River from NOLA especially at night.
Honestly, there are more reasons than this to visit New Orleans. You discover something new every single time.
If you’re ready to book your next vacation. Check out the ff. links below.
Disclosure: Please be aware that I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost to you. See full Disclosures