Horseshoe Bend (Page, AZ)

“Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire” – Jennifer Lee

Horseshoe Bend, in my humble opinion, is a masterpiece. The trail is very easy and accessible to all level of hikers. I highly recommend adding this to your itinerary whether you are visiting Grand Canyon or heading off to Utah. You will find this stunning view along Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, Hwy 89 S, Page, AZ 86040.

IMG_4325
Trail heading to Horseshoe Bend – very easy

IMG_4350
Horseshoe Bend – yup, that’s me πŸ™‚

IMG_4330
Horseshoe Bend- The Colorado River cut down through the layers of sandstone creating a horseshoe-shaped bend in the canyon.
As you can see, there is no shade at all. Bring water and a camera with wide angle lens. The hike back is a little bit uphill (see picture below) but not too strenuous. Unfortunately, we couldn’t stay longer because we had a full itinerary. There are no fees to enter the park and parking is free.

SONY DSC
Slightly uphill hike heading back to the parking lot
My tips for this trip:

1. Wear comfortable running shoes or hiking shoes.
2. Wear sunscreen and a hat/baseball cap
3. If possible, arrive at noon or late in the afternoon for the best pictures. There are conflicting opinions in this one but anytime after 9:30 am should be good.
4. This is in Page, AZ and there are a lot of other places you may visit in the area if you’d like to spend a few nights.
5. Please be aware that there are no safety railings along the rim of the canyon.

If you’re ready to book your next vacation. Please see the links below.
Disclosure: Please be aware I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read full Disclosures

Priceline
priceline.com for the best deals in travel!

Hotwire

Hotels.com
Hotels.com: Save big NOW on all hotel bookings with Up to a $100 Cash Back Rebate with code REBATES17! Book by 12/31/17, Travel by 1/31/18.

Expedia
Expedia.com

1. aaronpkahle says:

I think the pictures you take here are fantastic! I love how you really capture the full landscape instead of taking a selfie or something generic like that lol. Have you ever been to the bigger cities in AZ like Phoenix or Tucson? If so, what’d you think of them?

Hi, Aaron! Thanks for your comment. Yeah, I do try to take the landscape especially when they are as beautiful as this! I’ve been to Phoenix – it’s nice but I like Sedona and Grand Canyon more ❀️

2. Thanks for bringing the magnificence of nature to us through your adventures. The sights are so awe-inspiring.

Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you liked it. 😊

3. Wanda says:

I would love to join this some day.
    God willing!

I hope you get the chance as well 😊

4. bethanyk says:

I suppose I need to figure out what will set my soul on fire so I can pursue it! I love the quote and now I have something to ponder!

I’m glad you liked the quote and I would love to hear about your passion once you find out what it is! 😊

1. bethanyk says:

I am currently..in search of :)…It was once helping the elderly in nursing homes, those that were unloved and forgotten. And i did this as a volunteer for 8 years. Then it was wildlife rehab which I did for about 10 years. Now that I am less ambulatory I seem to have lost my fire. I need to find it so I am grateful for your post.

You seem to be a person with such a good heart. I hope you find it soon and I’m glad I was able to help (even just a little) with my post. 😊

5. Pictures simply stand out in almost every of your post!

Nikesh, you are too kind. 😊I’m glad you like it.

6. Wonderful views. I hope to get there sometime within the next few years!

It really is! I’m glad I got the chance to sneak it in my itinerary because it really is just a quick stop and not out of the way. 😊 I hope you get to see it!

7. Wow, this is exactly the type of post I’d look for because of your tips, which I’m sure would come in handy if I were to ever head out there. Maybe I’ll kill two birds with one stone by going to the Grand Canyon on the same trip – no?

Yes, you totally should kill 2 birds with one stone and add this…also, include Sedona Arizona…that place is famous for the red rock formations..❀

1. Thanks I’ll surely keep this in mind!

8. rafiqzain says:

Awesome bel. πŸ™‚ Inspired

Glad you liked it! 😊

1. rafiqzain says:

Would like to experience it too. Maybe in the future πŸ™‚

You definitely should. It’s an awesome place. πŸ‘

9. Such a great post Bel. The photos and the words are wonderful. Thank you for making time to share.

1. You are welcome. Its our pleasure.

10. wolfz1515 says:

Awesome pictures. Always wanted to travel to that part of the country, maybe one day.

There is so much to see so when you do visit this part of the country make sure you spend at least a couple of weeks for the awesome places! 😊

11. bpsenapati says:

Beautiful photos Bel, and lovely place . . .

12. Bumba says:

Thanks. Will stop by if/when I get back to that neck of the woods…er….desert.

You definitely should! 😊

13. We are coming! Just another month. Thank you so much for the tips!

Yay! I’m so excited for you. Will you be seeing it for the first time? 😊

1. Yes. Very first time πŸ™‚

That’s even better!! ❀

14. Beautiful photos Bel, especially the third one down. I’m now following you on Insta, I look forward to further posts πŸ™‚

Same here! I added you back on Instagram. I’m glad you liked the pictures! Horseshoe Bend is amazing. 😊

1. It looks it i’ll have to make sure I get there one day! How did you set up getting commissions like that? If you don’t mind me asking.

I’ll send you a message. 😊

3. If it’s easier you can find me at jameswatkins91@hotmail.com :), but thanks

Lol! I’m sending it right now on your IG. 😊

15. Again with the Grand Canyon! ROFL! I’ll have nightmares tonight for sure! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

As long as I wasn’t staring down, down, down into the canyon, it was a fun trip. The area is truly beautiful!

Please remind people this is not the trip to break in new hiking boots! One poor young guy was miserable – and limping – by the end of the day, and not happy with his expensive new boots! πŸ˜•

Lol! I think I’ll give you a heart attack with my next one as I’m jumping close to the edge again. I always feel like one day I’m gonna win a Darwinian award for dying because of jumping and falling over on the edge of a cliff! About the hiking boots – definitely need to break in new boots before going on trips like this! I should add that to my next one πŸ˜‚

1. ROFL @ Darwin Awards! πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜‚ right?! πŸ˜‚

16. Beautiful, I love this area. Adding Bryce Canyon, Mt Zion and the Arches.

Amazing huh? So much beautiful places to see…so little time! 😊

1. So true…It is the place I want to retire.

I don’t know yet where I would want to retire – my first love is the water. But after seeing the Arches – I am tornπŸ™„