Feast your eyes on Vasquez Rocks impressive array of rock formations. You’ll find this gem in Agua Dulce, California which is approximately 50 minutes away from Los Angeles. A lot of famous films and TV shows have filmed in this location (Star Trek, Flinstones, Planet of the Apes, Cars, Short Circuit, Hail, Ceasar!) to name a few.
The hiking path is relatively flat and easy to navigate. The easy rock climbing/scrambling makes it a lot more exciting. There are no fees to enter the park and parking is completely free. I love visiting on a weekday because it is relatively empty unless they are filming a show.
It’s a pretty stunning view, isn’t it? Not to scare you but please be aware that this is Mountain Lion territory. Please make sure to read this notice if you decide to go.
If you ever decide to add Vasquez Rocks to your itinerary or just visit for a day. Here are a couple of tips for this day trip.
1. Bring food and at least 2 liters of water.
2. If you decide to do some rock scrambling (which you won’t be able to resist). Please make sure you have shoes with a good grip. Please see links below:
Disclosure: Please be aware I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read Amazon Affiliate Disclosure, Target Affiliate Disclosure, Disclosures
3. Wear sunscreen and use some bug spray.
4. Wear a cap it gets really hot in the summer.
Visor from Adidas for women
Cap from Adidas for men
5. Wear comfortable gear and bring extra clothes.
Yoga pants from Walmart (cheaper alternative)