“To the girl who reads by the flashlight. Who sees dragons in the clouds. Who feels most alive in worlds that never were. Who knows magic is real. Who dreams. This is for you.” -Author Unknown
If you’ve never hiked before this might change your mind. Who wouldn’t want to see a hanging bridge and a waterfall all in one hike? It’s only 3 miles round trip and the trail is well maintained making it accessible to people of all ages. You don’t have to be an experienced hiker at all.
I took my family who has no hiking experience whatsoever. They fell in love with the charming forest landscape along the way.
It’s really quite peaceful considering it’s a popular place to visit especially during weekends. You can take your time enjoying the scenery. There were lots of people on the trail but it didn’t feel crowded at all.
Once you see the entrance to the hanging bridge, it really is fun to cross. My 6 yr old nephew loved it. He thought he’d be scared but found the experience exhilarating and exciting.
As soon as you walk on the bridge you’ll see the waterfalls on the side.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced hiker, you’ll definitely love this hike.
Tips for this hike:
1. If you read reviews about this hike, you’ll notice some people will comment about the road leading to the trail. It is not gravel. There is a paved road if you’re coming from Lincoln. It is narrow and winding but definitely easier access compared to other trails in Oregon. Just be aware that it’s mostly one lane and you just have to move your car to the side for incoming traffic.
2. You may purchase a day pass for $5 online or on site. Please bring exact change.
3. Get there early. The parking lot fills up easily even on a weekday.
4. Bring food and water.
5. There is an outhouse in the parking lot area. Use it before you start the hike.
6. For a complete list of hiking gears. Please check out the links below.
Disclosure: Please be aware I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read Amazon Affiliate Disclosure and Disclosures
Amazon List of Hiking Gears
Please check out my Amazon for a more detailed list.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Please feel free to comment. I’d love to hear from you.
Add me on Instagram @roadsbeltravelled or on Twitter @belcharm