Sailing in Newport

“Well, it’s not far down to paradise, at least it’s not for me. And if the wind is right you can sail away and find tranquility…” – Christopher Cross

My last post was in January of 2020 and I was expecting to be able to post more. However, this year has been extremely difficult with so much happening all over the world. Hopefully, the pictures and videos you see in this post offer a temporary reprieve from reality. This is why I created my blog. It’s my form of escape and the ocean always gives that sense of peace every time I need to get away from it all. Being in quarantine for a while made me miss the outdoors a lot.

It was a beautiful day and spending the day sailing on the ocean was the perfect break from being cooped up indoors all the time. The water was calm and the weather was just right. I could not ask for more.

We got really lucky and were able to see dolphins…

And a big whale…(I don’t know what kind of whale it is)

It ended up being the kind of day I really needed. It was truly and literally a breath of fresh air.

I hope you enjoyed this post. Please feel free to comment.  I would love to hear from you.

Please visit my Amazon site and check out my recommended gears.
Disclosure: Please be aware I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post at no additional cost to you. Please read Amazon Affiliate Disclosure and Affiliate Disclosure

#AmazonInfluencer

Kindly add me on Instagram @roadsbeltravelled and twitter @belcharm

1. SOOOOO beautiful!!! Happy You had such a wonderful day! There is nothing like sailing!!! Cheers and Thank You! 🙂

Thank you 😊 It was a great day!

2. Loki says:

Beautiful pictures! I can’t wait until I can get to the ocean…

Yes it is really refreshing! Thank you 😊

3. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos, Bel. It’s been a difficult time for sure, and getting outside is such a tonic. I wish I was there with you watching the dolphins and whale (6 feet apart, of course! 😀 ) Make sure to get lots of fresh air and sunshine. Be well, my friend.

Yeah it would be nice to chill with you on the boat for sure. I wouldn’t mind such great company. The dolphins and whales (there were a couple but I was unable to take a good video of them) gave such an awesome show it made me forget for a while. I hope you and your family are doing well, Diana.

1. We’re fine, Bel, but it’s a strange time. I can’t wait until this is over.

Same here. We just have to keep fighting the good fight. 👊

4. M'bolla says:

Aww! That’s so cool. Thanks for those lovely pics.xoxo

Thank you. Glad you liked it 😊

5. DougInNC says:

The ocean is great. It is where I live now but did not always appreciate compared to the Great Lakes where I grew up (with fresh water and no sharks!). You’re back to blogging with a day wonderfully captured in images that convey your sensations, as your words do also.

You are right about the ocean being great and you are lucky living so close. I still have to drive to get there. Lakes are great too. I’m about to discover them more 😊

6. Discover and Explore says:

7. ellie894 says:

So nice to hear from you and what a lovely day on the water. The ocean heals so much 🌷

Thank you! Yeah, it’s been a while. I hope to write more. The ocean truly heals ❤️

8. Thanks for the taste of ocean life Bel. I’ve always loved visiting the ocean having grown up on the east coast, but not much since I’ve been living inland in Arkansas. How wonderful to see both dolphins and a whale. I hope you’re well and keeping your sanity in these times. Hugs…

Hi Brad! Yes we must all try to maintain some sanity in this crazy world and this is one of the best outlets. Nature truly heals. I’m sure you really miss it! I know I would 😊

1. Yes Bel. Thankfully, I have other nature spots here.

I definitely see them when you post it on IG! 😊

9. mymindlessdrivel says:

Lovely! Thanks for sharing. Takes me back years when I got to sail the Inside Passage to Alaska. Whales and dolphins and ocean galore! I needed this!

Wow that sounds awesome! I’m sure you saw tons of whales there. I’m glad it brought you back those great memories.

1. It was small ship cruising, so you were closer to the water than those big cruise ships – only about 100 people on board, including crew. They would let you put your name on a list and if they spotted whales at night, they would wake up those on the list. That’s how I saw a whale breaching. Unforgettable experience.

Small ships are better! That must have been quite an experience for you. It’s really one of the coolest moments ever.

10. Absolutely love this post, Bel! Looks so cool and relaxing. I could really use a dose of the ocean right now. Thanks for sharing! ❤

Sending ocean vibes over your way 😊❤️❤️ 🌊

11. Looks great. What a thrill to see dolphins and a whale.

Yes it was definitely my favorite part 😊

12. Thanks so much for sharing, the videos of the dolphins and whale are especially lovely! Really cheered me up on a wet Irish afternoon 🙂☔️🐬🐳

That’s awesome! I’m glad you enjoyed the video. 😊

13. KDKH says:

Wow! I loved the videos of the dolphins and whale!

Thank you! It was truly a delight to see them 😊❤️

14. kinge says:

This is a great break from the indoors. The pictures look awesome.

Thank you! It really is a good break 😊

15. buddy71 says:

you have been quiet too long and you have been missed.

Thank you. I appreciate it. How are you doing?

1. buddy71 says:

i am doing as well as i can

Good to hear. We are going to get through this…🙏